You can tell a lot about someone by the type of music they listen to. Hit shuffle on your ipod/phone/itunes/media player and write down the first 20 songs. Then pass this on to 10 people.
One rule: no skipping.
I’ve been told my musical taste is eclectic. I won’t be tagging people, but I am enjoying discovering new music from everyone participating. The following is what happened here.
1. Share with Me the Sun, Portugal.the Man.
2. Minus, Beck
3. Ransom Street Operative, Family Dollar Pharaohs
4. Mining for Gold, Cowboy Junkies
5. Un Simple Histoire, Thievery Corporation
6. Bach, Cello Suite #1 in G, bwv 1007 iv 4 - Sarabande, Mstislar Rostropovich
7. Yambu, Tito Rodriguez
8. Macoy, Youssou N’Dour
9. Breakdown, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
10. Jeru, Miles Davis
11. Gimme Some Money, Spinal Tap
12. Sharks, Morphine
13. Better Days Revox feat. Wiley, Speech Debelle
14. Get Up Offa That Thing, James Brown
15. Could Have Been, Lee Fields
16. When the Levee Breaks, Led Zeppelin
17. Third Stone from the Sun, Jimi Hendrix Experience
18. I’m Gonna Leave You, Nina Simone
19. Sea Talk, Zola Jesus
20. Sonido Total, The Pinker Tones
There’s something magical about the idea of moving away from the city and living in isolation; time slows down and life is simple. In this work in progress, Antoine Bruy hitchhikes throughout Europe to meet the people who have done exactly that. His photos show their pursuit of utopia through empirical attempts, occasional errors and unstable living quarters made from recovered materials.